RecurDyn MTT 2D - Media Transport Toolkit 2D helps you efficiently create and simulate a sophisticated model of flexible media being transported by a mechanical system in a 2D environment. Templates for rollers and guides are also included.
Benefits of the Media Transport Simulation
- You can easily simulate the 2D movement of a sheet through a media path.
- Applications include devices such as a printer, copier, fax, or other sheet and film feeding products.
- RecurDyn/MTT2D automates the definition of a sheet (whether paper FEM simulation, film simulation or any other flat media simulation) as well as idealized rollers and guides.
- World-class capability to analyze flexible sheets that undergo large deformations with linear material properties, including contact with guides and roller simulation.
You can evaluate the potential for jamming given: different sheet size, weight and stiffness,
different sheet properties due to temperature and humidity extremes,
different sheet velocity due to misalignment of drive-driven roller sets and
different roller velocities due to gap, wear, etc.
- Fast and easy modeling.
- Speed and stability of the simulation process.
- Contacts are automatically defined.
- Predefined groups of model entities simplify the model generation process.
- Special parametric values provide access to important design parameters.
- Automatic generation of relevant outputs for a sheet feeding system.
- Ability to define multiple sheets with the same contact properties that move along several paths.
- Modeling of a folding sheet with curl radius
- Providing Sheet, Roller (fixed/Movable/Pair), Guide (Linear/Arc/Circular) shapes
- Automatic definition of contact among the Sheets, the Rollers, and guides along the media path. (2D contact)
- Automatic definition of contact between Rollers and Rollers (2D contact)
- Automatic definition of contact between Sheets and Sheets (2D contact)
- 2D flexible medial transport system solver (Fast solver using a specialized and optimized solver)
- Guide velocity function, Soft-Nip model, Linear characteristics of frictional forces
- Creating the curled and folding sheet in the initial state
- Supporting Distance, Speed, Event (ON/OFF) Sensors
- Definition of air resistance, absorption forces, and electrostatic forces by nodal forces
- Automatic creation of Guides from 2D CAD data (STEP, IGES)