RecurDyn MTT 3D - Material Transportation Simulation
RecurDyn/MTT3D (Media Transport Toolkit 3D) helps you efficiently create and simulate a sophisticated model of flexible media being transported by a mechanical system in a 3D environment. Templates for rollers and guides are also included. RecurDyn/MTT3D automates the entire process for kinematic and dynamic analysis including contact problems by components of 3D flexible media system.
- Easily simulate the 3D movement of a sheet through a media path.
- Applications include devices such as a printer simulation, copier simulation, fax, or other sheet-feeding machines.
- RecurDyn/MTT3D automates the definition of a sheet (whether paper, film or any other flat media) as well as idealized rollers and guides.
- World-class capability to analyze flexible sheets that undergo large deformations with linear material properties, including contact with guide surfaces and rollers.
- Evaluate potential for jamming given different design parameters.
- Easily model forces that act on the sheet (including proprietary techniques and data).
- Example applications include vacuum forces, electrostatic attraction, and aerodynamic forces such as lift and drag.
- Automatic creation of Sheet, Roller(Fixed/Movabl/Pair), guide (Plate/Arc plate/Cylinder) shapes
- Automatic definition of contact among the sheets and the rollers and guides along the media path (3D Contat)
- Guide shapes can be modeled by 3D-CAD data and body surface data- Automatic definition of contact between rollers and rollers (3D contact)
- 3D flexible media transport system solver (Fast analysis using a using the specialized and optimized solver)
- Specialized sheet shell element- Consideration of sheet material types (isotropic and orthotropic)
- Guide velocity function, Soft-Nip model, Linear characteristics of frictional forces
- Creating the curled and folding sheet in the initial state.
- Providing the contour information to the displacement, stress, and strain within a sheet.
- Exporting data for contact forces, stress, strain in nodes
- Definition of air resistance, absorption forces, and electrostatic forces by nodal forces (Node load of sheets by user Subroutine)