RecurDyn Colink - controls
RecurDyn CoLink enables you to model control systems which interact with your mechanical models. This plays an important role since design algorithms of a controller and the corresponding mechanical system ("plant") should be evaluated simultaneously when simulating a computer-controlled system. The control system design environment is completely integrated within RecurDyn for easy operation.
If you would like to instead use MATLAB Simulink to create your control systems, you can use RecurDyn Control to facilitate a co simulation between RecurDyn and MATLAB Simulink.
- Controls engineers can efficiently test control algorithms early in the design process with highly nonlinear dynamic models.
- Mechanical systems may include control systems (whether electronic, hydraulic, etc.).
- The mechanical engineer and the controls engineer can join their independent design models.
- Controls engineers may struggle to develop robust controllers early in the design process because of the difficulty in constructing nonlinear dynamic models within controls software.
- These difficulties can be avoided by simultaneously developing the mechanical model in RecurDyn and the control system in RecurDyn/CoLink.
- It is based on the block modeling method, which is used in the general control software supports the ribbon style UI of latest MS Office.The user can use the existing C codes which is used in the individual or the work without any modification because the Ch engine which is a script engine to support the C language completely is embedded in RecurDyn/CoLink.
- Also, RecurDyn/CoLink provides up to 100times faster solver and the more correct result than the co-simulation method because of performing the analysis by integrating the solver
with the RecurDyn solver.
- RecurDyn/CoLink supports the additional options such as the Fuzzy module and the Electric Dirve module.
All mechanical components and constraints are modeled with RecurDyn.
The control system can be modeled easily in CoLink.
Plant outputs are passed from RecurDyn to CoLink at a constant sampling rate.
Control outputs are passed from CoLink to RecurDyn at a constant sampling rate.
Fuzzy: The user can use the Fuzzy logic in the controller. In order to use the Fuzzy logic, the FIS (Fuzzy Inference Systems) file is needed. This file should be made by another program (MATLAB) or a text editor.
Electric Drive: The user can model the controller which controls a motor model.
The user can control the electric current, the velocity and the angle.The following motors are supported.
- PMDC (Permanent Magnet Direct Current Motor)
- DC (Direct Current Motor)
- PMSM (Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor)